Mechanical Engineer with more than 24 years of experience in design, site supervision, project management and Testing & commissioning of MEP Engineering Services. Working with major developers, consultants, and contractors on a wide range of medium to large scale landmark projects including hotels, resorts, residential and retails, university and industrial buildings, in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
Ever since I joined PDP back in 1997 I contributed to a variety of design projects and demonstrated strong skills in the design of fire sprinkler systems leading me to manage successfully most of the important projects of PDP’s fire-fighting engineering.
Through continuous dialogue, I mentor my team to deliver successful projects on time and within budget ensuring an uncanny detailed quality design that meets clients’ needs and exceeds clients’ expectations.
1997 - 2020: Project Manager at Pierre Dammous & Partners-PDP, Beirut, Lebanon
Managing mechanical systems including HVAC Plumbing and Firefighting, Design, Design Review, Value Engineering, follow up in construction, testing and commissioning through:
• Setting concept of mechanical systems
• Assuring quality of MEP product and equipment including Non Conformance Reporting
• Drawing up Technical Documents
• Monitoring compliance with stipulated documentation in line with state of art and in accordance with specified guidelines and technical standards.
• In responsible for design Co-ordination of HVAC, Plumbing and Firefighting equipment, Design evaluation and Compliance in line with set specifications
• Technically perfect, timely and cost effective processing of HVAC plumbing and firefighting assembly and compliance contractual obligation
• Project control and monitoring
• Project process planning and bid/order receipt costing
• Coordinating all electro-mechanical activities with various teams on site
• Review shop drawings, construction details, product data, materials samples, inspections plan, methods statements, delivery schedules to confirm compliance with requirements of the project
• Reviewing submittals prior to submission to the consultant
• Coordinating between MEP and civil drawings at site
• Coordinating and attending meetings with subcontractor, contractor, architect and owner representative
• Monitoring work per local and international standards and codes
• Rising RFIA, RFI of site MEP works for consultant approval
• Attending authority inspections as per project schedule
• Attending all testing and commissioning of MEP services